forma.8 is an action adventure game for iOS, directly aimed at the avid gamers crowd, with a nostalgic and essential graphic style and a unique control system. Our goal is to provide an ‘hardcore game’ on a mainly casual games platform, and to achieve this we know that we need to meet some requisite like:
- a responsive, precise and lighting fast control system. And without your fingers all over the touchscreen.
- 60fps, constant.
- an expansive world to explore
- an intriguing and mysterious story
- lots of enemies
- lots of BIG nemies
- some more B I G G E R enemies
- …and all the incremental power-ups you need to take care of them and to avoid all the nasty stuff you’ll face on the remote, alien planet
So, think about the classic Metroidvania game. But for mobile. Oh… and you fly. 🙂
What’s the story about?
We don’t want to spill too much detail about the story for now. Let’s say that you are a little exploration probe, called forma.8, that is on a life-or-dead mission on a remote and foreign planet.
What engine are you using?
The game is developed using the Unity engine, with the help of some awesome extensions: RageSpline, RageTools, PoolManager 2.
When does the game come out?
Initially we aimed for a winter 2012 release but maybe we were a bit too optimistic. For now the relase date is TDB, but we hope the game will be ready for mid-2013.
Will it be an iOS only game?
We’re focusing all our strenght on the iPad and iPhone release first. The game was developed for touch screen control in mind and we don’t have the resources to focus on more platform for now. We’ll consider other possible platform at a later date.